There are two different fonts that I used; “Agency FB Bold” for the main body of text and “AR BONNIE Regular” for the title and page number, I used a different font for the title and the page number of the magazine; I decided that this variation would break up the page and make it seem more appealing to the people reading the page. I made the columns of the text size 14, whilst the introduction was a little bigger was size 18, in order to make it stand out slightly from the main body of the text.
I made the decision to use a grayscale background as this imitates that of the film poster that I previously made, to stay in-keeping with this colour scheme by using the same colour font for both. Although I originally wanted to use red, which is a stereotypical colour for horror films, however I think that this colour was too much for the main body of text so I used greens instead.
I made the left hand page dark grey, and used lighter boxes to make my text stand out. I used a light grey underneath the title and the page number to make these catch the eye of the person reading. For the main body of text, I used a shade of grey that is just a little bit lighter than the background. This means that the text stood out a little bit from the background, but not as much as the title.
I chose the photograph on the right hand page because it was brighter and lighter than the previous one that I was going to use, which also meant that it was a better quality image. The other image seemed to show the horror genre more obviously, but as my short film is more of a psychological thriller I wanted to make sure that the theme didn’t seem too dark, as my film is only rated a 12/12A. This image is still very mysterious, as you cannot see the face of the person in it, which will make the audience wonder who it is. The black clothing seems to hint that the person in the photograph may be the one who is hiding in the house, rather than the one who own it, which is actually the case.
I used the poster that I already created, the one with the green font rather than the red, so that it matched the double-page spread. I put a stroke on the image, in black, size 16. This meant that the poster stood out from the background, whilst also keeping in the same grayscale colour theme, rather than using a bright red or blue.
I am really happy with the outcome of this piece, it has definitely progressed well since my first draft and I now think it looks more professional than before whilst showing off my skills on Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. After having looked at several examples of existing double page spreads, it helped me write mine and create a realistic looking film review article. However, I am still not confident that it looks professional enough and I’m not entirely happy with the standard, as I feel like it is of the same standard as the work I made last year; I think I am going to try to rectify this for the final version of my double page spread.